Logsdons Blog

Learning As We Grow

Apr 15

She’s STILL not here yet…

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN’T SEEN THIS BLOG BEFORE, READ THE FIRST ENTRY BELOW…then this one!!

So my due date came and went, and still no Clara. I’m at 40 weeks–will be 41 weeks on Wednesday, if I go that long. Last Tuesday I was 70% effaced and a “very loose” 3 cm. Again, I was told she could come at “any time.” Five days later, she’s still not budging. I’m definitely feeling a ton of pressure, I’m a lot more tired and clumsy, and I’m trying to not just get frustrated and depressed. It wouldn’t be so bad if my Dr. hadn’t been telling me for a month now that I could go at any time. I’m so far along–I’ve heard of so many women who were already in the hospital by the time they were as far along as I am. I’ve had a lot of random contractions, but none that were very painful or had any pattern to them. I’m trying to just ignore them until I can’t anymore-then I’ll know I’m actually in labor. Like I told Nathan, I feel like it’s the day after Christmas, and we never got to celebrate! We’ve had so much anticipation for this baby, and the stress of Nathan’s grand opening on top of that, and now Nathan’s grand opening came and went (and went very well, I might add), and Clara has still not arrived.

We go back again tomorrow morning, so hopefullyI’ll have more news after that. If worse comes to worse and she’s not coming without help, I’ll be induced either on the 24th or 25th. So at least we know an end is in sight. I PROMISE I will keep everyone posted. I have a list of people for Melissa to call when she’s born, and I’m sure proud grandparents and uncles will make calls as well. I’ll be sure to post a blog here with her picture as soon as we get back from the hospital (give or take a few days!).

We’re on the home stretch…just a little longer!

7 Comments

1. Wow! You look like you’re about ready to pop!

I love the name Clara, btw. Are y’all going to call her Clara Isabel?

2. Anonymous says:

Darn! I wish she would just get here already. Your mom said she always went late so perhaps you’re just the same way. Definitely keep us posted, and let me know if you need anything at all! Lori

3. Anonymous says:

Ashley honey…God has the perfect date in mind for your precious daughter, Clara, to make her entrance in this world. Trust me when I say, all the waiting will be worth it when you hold her for the first time. Being stressed will not help the process. Being depressed will not make things happen quicker. Take it moment by moment and trust God for the details. He has it under control..Birdie

4. KiKi says:

IS she here yet? I want to know!!!1 Please post pictures as soon as possible. I miss you, and wish you the complete best God has to offer. Please tell Nathan and family I said hello and welcome to little Ms. Clara..Kisha

5. KiKi says:

I pray that all is well, haven’t seen a blog lately. I just want to say Welcome to ms. Clara.Please tell your husband and family I said congratulations and I wish the best that God has to offer. Love you and Miss u…Kisha(YWCA)

6. Anonymous says:

The Baby is here, The baby is here, thank the lord have mercy the baby is here. The first pictures are sweet the bloody one’s gross. Nathan looks goofy in that fluffy hat. The baby is here the baby is here.

7. Sylvia Loner says:

Ashley, You know I care deeply about your family. I am so blessed that you included me in your family news. It would have been understandable if you had wanted privacy. I am reminded by your comments of all the small miracles and details of my own 2 daughter’s births. I have never written in a blog before. It kind of reminds me of a diary of sorts with the addition of pictures. I pray for wisdom, joy and blessings to overflow on your family. Thanks for sharing! God bless mom, dad, and your “NEW” little addition… Clara Isabel. Sylvia Loner